Collection: Devilish Impressions
Poland’s Melodic Black / Death Metal DEVILISH IMPRESSIONS are back with "Postmortem Whispering Crows" EP – a follow up to their critically acclaimed 4th studio record “The I”. Music wise "Postmortem Whispering Crows" simply continues where “The I” left off. Having introduced some rock-like solos on the latest full-length this unreleased tracks seem to be characterized by even more open approach to the genre. "Postmortem Whispering Crows" is an epic journey across Black Death Metal with the band's own, unique flare to it.
Quazarre (vocals / guitars) on the lyric content of an EP:
“One of my all-time greatest inspirations has always been literature of The Young Poland, a modernist period in Polish literature, covering roughly the years between 1890 and 1918. The movement promoted trends of decadence, neo-romanticism, symbolism, catastrophism and impressionism.
Having quoted “Dzieci Szatana” (Satans Kinder) by one of the period’s visionary Stanisław Przybyszewski within the lyrics of our “Adventvs” EP, it’s been a logical way for me to immerse both “The I” and “Posmortem Whispering Crows” EP even deeper into the decadent world of other haunted figures associated with the philosophy of their leader. The quoted authors following the period’s concept believed in decadence, an end of all culture, the conflict between humans and their civilization, and the concept of art as the highest value.”
Founded by Quazarre in 2000, initially as a studio project and transformed into a live act in 2006, DEVILISH IMPRESSIONS merges the fierceness of traditional Black and Death metal with a subtle dose of ethereal melodies. Throughout the years the band found the right balance between those seemingly opposing elements to eventually create their own, distinctive sonic path. Critically acclaimed records and intense live rituals brought upon mankind while touring all over the Old Continent and beyond have earned the band an honorable reputation and thus it has grown into one of the most intriguing acts of Poland’s extreme music scene. Not many bands out there are brave enough to reach beyond their stable framework. DEVILISH IMPRESSIONS, on the contrary, keeps pushing boundaries further out with each consecutive release and it is their unpredictable variability that makes them as dangerous as they are unstoppable.
SELLING / MARKETING POINTS
- “Postmortem Whispering Crows” EP is a follow up to the band’s critically acclaimed
4th studio record “The I”
- European tour in November / December 2019
- since becoming stage-active back in 2006 Devilish Impressions appeared at many festivals and toured alongside bands such as Marduk, Behemoth, Dismember, Suicide Silence, Overkill, Samael, Satyricon, Moonspell, Gorgoroth, Rage, Enslaved, Dark Funeral, Carpathian Forest, Vader and Paradise Lost to name but a few, reaching out all the way from the very West coast of Europe’s Portugal as far East as the Ural Mountains in Russia. The band has also toured China, Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong and Indonesia
- interviews, adverts and reviews in support to the band’s previous releases published in Terrorizer, Decibel, Legacy, Metallian, Close-Up, Metal Hammer (GER, UK, PL), Scream, Zero Tolerance and many others printed magazines and webzines all over the world
- the band is endorsed by P. Kamecki Guitars, Rali Guitar Straps, Simulacra Clothing, Szataniec Picks, D’Addario Strings
Formed in the year 2000, initially as a studio project and transformed into a live act in 2006, Devilish Impressions is a dominant four-piece Epic Black Death metal band that’s quickly pummeling through the genre and making their way to fans and media around the globe.
Since the horde’s first day, the notion of freedom of choice and will has been a highly prevalent belief and theme amongst the band’s music, imagery and overall message. Devilish Impressions united and began the process of shaping up their spirit and self-consciousness making their initial presence with their debut demo “Eritis sicut Deus; Verbum Diaboli Manet in Aeternum; Vox Vespertilio Act I – Moon Var Dies Irae” which received great attention from fans after the band self-released it in 2002.
Once Devilish Impressions made their introduction to the metal community, they followed up their debut release with their first full-length titled “Plurima Mortis Imago” released in 2006 via Conquer Records. The sophomore release proved to push the band onward as they joined forces with Aeternus for the European “Ageless Void Tour 2006”. A lot of great exposure landed Devilish Impressions a spot as direct support for Marduk on the “Swords in The East” Eastern European run in 2007. After solid touring opportunities and album promotion, Devilish Impressions returned to the studio in May of 2007 to record their forthcoming album titled “Diabolicanos – Act III: Armageddon” which was mastered by Andy Classen at Stage One Studio (Belphegor, Krisiun, Dew Scented).
Before release of their full-length sophomore album, Devilish Impressions appeared at the Red Alert Festival supporting bands like Deicide, Suffocation, Benediction and Immolation. The band followed up by ending 2007 with a headliner run across Eastern Europe on the “Verbum Diaboli Tour 2007”. Once “Diabolicanos – Act III: Armageddon” was released in 2008 via Conquer Records, international praise was given by fans and press to the band for the record, and allowed Devilish Impressions to reach new heights in their career. The band followed up with the great success of the album by landing a support slot on “The Apostasy European Tour” with Behemoth and Suicide Silence as well as embarking on a tour with Dismember in the UK and Ireland.
In 2008, Devilish Impressions was invited to partake on select shows of “Wacken Road Show 2008” with Overkill, Tristania, Samael and Enslaved. This opened up a solid platform for the band to release “Diabolicanos – Act III: Armageddon” via Empire Records and greatly expand the reach of the band’s music. The band followed up this release with a joint home country tour called “Rebel Angels Tour Vol. 3” with Hate. The rest of 2008 proved to be extremely proactive for the band as they supported Satyricon, were offered a co-headliner slot with Rage at Pro Rock Festival and also appeared at Metal Heads Mission Festival with Moonspell, Gorgoroth and Samael.
Once the band had reached this level in their career, they took time to get back into the studio to work on their third full-length album. A lot of time and energy was put into the new album, and “Simulacra” was released in 2012 via Lifeforce Records (EU/North America), Icaros Records (Poland), MSR Productions (Russia, CIS) and Mort Productions (China). The album was voted one of the best melodic black metal/metalgaze album at the 2012 Metal Storm Awards, and of course coupled with ample press and fan feedback from around the globe. This also got the attention of The Flaming Arts Agency that allowed the band to explore many new opportunities.
Devilish Impressions took to the road heavily in support of “Simulacra” and appeared at notable festivals and predominant tour listed below:
· Hard Rock Laager (w/ Samael, Melechesh)
· Carpathian Alliance (co-headliner w/ Dark Funeral, Carpathian Forest)
· Castle Party
· Brutal East
· “Fear No Gods of The East Tour 2013”
· Wave Gotik Treffen (w/ Paradise Lost, Lacrimosa)
· Metal Fest Open Air (w/ Helloween, Accept, Sodom, Down, Satyricon, Destruction)
In the summer of 2013, Devilish Impressions ramped up for their next studio session and made plans to re-enter Hertz Studio for their forthcoming “Adventvs” EP. The new material was mixed and mastered by Arkadiusz Malczewski at Sound Division Studio (Behemoth, Decapitated). To round off a grandioso release, Devilish Impressions had their 2002 demo “Eritis Sicvt Devs” re-mastered and paired with “Adventvs”. The combined album released in 2014 features over an hour of brand new and never before heard material showcasing experimental black metal at its finest. Soon after Devilish Impressions went on the road in support of “Adventvs”, they got the attention from Hammerheart Records that released “Adventvs” as 12” MLP in February 2015.
The emissaries of the devil took the surge of action with the album and hit the road once again, spreading their message across the motherland as part of the tour with Christ Agony and Beheaded. Shortly after, the band appeared at NCM Festival Vol. 4 (co-headliner w/ Vader) and Dark Fest II (w/ Vader, Decapitated, Hate and more). This left the passion raging on all levels and gave Devilish Impressions an easy return to the studio in May 2015 to commence the recording sessions for “The I” – the band’s fourth full-length album which is said to be their darkest, heaviest and most intriguing offering to date. The record features special guest appearances by Mike Wead (Mercyful Fate, King Diamond) and Ares (Aeternus, ex-Gorgoroth, ex-Immortal).
The title chosen, “The I”, for the record is not only a phonetic acronym of the band’s name, but above all it reflects the manifesto they stand for since the Horde’s inception in the year 2000 – the notion of freedom of choice and will. A supremacy of an individual over any external factors being imposed on us by others, with special emphasis on religion and its convictions, dogmas and paradigms. “The I” is a rebellious manifesto targeted against all those who stand opposed to anything that drives us towards individual perfection.
Ahead of the album’s release Devilish Impressions announced a long awaited tour for their legion of fans in China and Taiwan supporting the “Simulacra” record, released in China through Mort Productions in September 2016. The trek lasted for nearly a month and is believed to be the most extensive tour any foreign metal band had ever played there.
In 2016, Devilish Impressions joins the roster of New York based Extreme Management Group alongside notable bands such as Suffocation, Cattle Decapitation, Origin, Cryptopsy, Atheist, Rings Of Saturn, King Parrot, Internal Bleeding and many more. With the newfound partnership, both sides worked together in making the band’s future endeavors the most prominent and impactful with their fans respectively and the rest of the metal genre.
“The I” album hits the stores on September 22nd 2017, again via Lifeforce Records. Released to a rave reviews worldwide it enables Devilish Impressions to hit the road with Norway’s Endezzma for a row of gigs across their motherland. This was followed by the group’s headlining appearance at Metal Head’s Mission / Black Sea Storm Festival 2018.
In January 2019 Devilish Impressions headlined Dark Winter Meeting Festival in Malta. June saw them touring South Asia, this time around reaching out to fans in Indonesia (The Karnival Festival, co-headliner with Pestilence), Hong Kong and Singapore. The band has recently confirmed its appearance at Poland’s Metal Mine Festival (w/ Asphyx, Harakiri For The Sky) with European tour in the making, set to take place November / December 2019.
- “The I” (Europe / North America: Lifeforce Records, Sep 2017)
- “Adventvs” 12’’ MLP (Hammerheart Records, Feb 2015)
- “Adventvs / Eritis Sicvt Devs” EP (self-released, May 2014)
- “Simulacra” (Europe / North America: Lifeforce Records, July 2012; Poland: Icaros Records, Mar 2012; Russia and CIS countries: MSR Productions, Jan 2013; China: Mort Productions, Sep 2016)
- “Diabolicanos: Act III – Armageddon” (worldwide: Conquer Records, Jan 2008; Poland: Empire Records, May 2008)
- “Plurima Mortis Imago” (Conquer Records, Sep 2006)
- “Eritis sicut Deus; Verbum Diaboli Manet in Aeternum; Vox Vespertilio Act I – Moon Var Dies Irae” (demo, Nov 2002)
- Crows Over Asia MMXIX (headliner tour), Indonesia, Singapore, Hong Kong, June 2019
- Dark Winter Meeting Festival (headliner), Jan 2019
- Metal Head’s Mission / Black Storm Festival (headliner), Odessa, Ukraine, Aug 2018
- Stellar Darkness Over Poland 2018 (co-headliner w/ Endezzma), March 2018
- Adventvs Regis China & Taiwan Tour 2016 (headliner tour), September/October 2016
- NCM Festival 2015 (co-headliner w/ VADER) Pyskowice-Dzierzno, Poland, Aug 2015
- Dark Fest II (co-headliner w/ DECAPITATED, VADER) Byczyna, Poland, June 2015
- XXV Years Ov Chaoz Tour 2015 (w/ CHRIST AGONY, BEHEADED) Poland, Feb/Mar 2015
- Adventvs Tour 2014 (headliner tour) Poland, May 2014
- (w/ AZARATH, ANTIGAMA) Bielsko-Biala, Poland, Sep 2013
- The End of The Summer Simulacra Tour (headliner mini-tour) Poland, Aug 2013
- MetalFest Open Air 2013 (main stage w/ HELLOWEEN, ACCEPT, SODOM, DESTRUCTION, DOWN, SATYRICON) Jaworzno, Poland, June 2013
- Wave Gotik Treffen 2013 (w/ PARADISE LOST, LACRIMOSA) Leipzig, Germany, May 2013
- Fear no Gods of The East Tour 2013 (a month-long headliner run across The Baltic States and Eastern European countries) Mar/Apr 2013
- Brutal East Festival Vol. 2 (headliner) Bialystok, Poland, Oct 2012
- Carpathian Alliance Metal Festival 2012 (co-headliner w/ DARK FUNERAL, CARPATHIAN FOREST) Slavsko-Volosianka, Ukraine, Aug 2012
- Castle Party 2012 (main stage w/ COMBICHRIST, HOCICO) Bolkow, Poland, Jul 2012
- Hard Rock Laager 2012 (main stage w/ SAMAEL, MELECHESH) Vana-Vigala, Estonia, June 2012
- Metal Heads’ Mission Festival 2008 (co-headliner w/ GORGOROTH, SAMAEL, MOONSPELL) Evpatoriya, Crimea, Aug 2008
- Pro Rock Festival 2008 (co-headliner w/ RAGE) Konotop, Ukraine, Aug 2008
- special show w/ SATYRICON (direct support slot) Kiev, Ukraine, May 2008
- Rebel Angels Tour vol.3 (w/ HATE) Poland, May 2008
- UK, Ireland and Northern Ireland Tour 2008 (w/ DISMEMBER; direct support slot) Mar 2008
- Wacken Road Show 2008 (w/ OVERKILL, TRISTANIA, SAMAEL, ENSLAVED) Kiev, Ukraine, Feb 2008
- The Apostasy Tour 2008 (European run w/ BEHEMOTH and SUICIDE SILENCE) Feb 2008
- Verbum Diaboli Tour 2007 (headliner Eastern Europe tour) Dec 2007
- Red Alert Festival 2007 (w/ IMMOLATION, BENEDICTION, VADER, SUFFOCATION) Evpatoriya, Crimea, Aug 2007
- Swords In The East Tour 2007 (Eastern Europe run w/ MARDUK; direct support slot) Apr 2007
- Black Metal Festival (co-headliner w/ THUS DEFILED, NFD) London, UK, Feb 2007
- Ageless Void Tour 2006 (European run w/ AETERNUS; direct support slot) Nov/Dec 2006
Quazarre: vocals / guitars
More information at:
Devilish Impressions - Postmortem Whispering Crows (Digipak)
- Regular price
- Sale price